To all of my Ukrainian brothers and sisters, “Слава Українi! Героям Слава!” (Glory to Ukraine, Glory to its Heroes). Know that all my thoughts and prayers are with you, your families, and your friends both here and in Ukraine.
It is completely overwhelming to watch this level of unprovoked and unjustified aggression in the 21st century against Ukraine. The most brutal warfare in seventy years has been unleashed on a peaceful country by Vladimir Putin, a thug of the highest order. The world is witnessing another attempt at genocide on the Ukrainian people.
Know this, my fellow Ukrainians, the level of support coming into Ukraine from across the world and from the diaspora is incredible. Munitions and supplies are enroute. With international help and the grace of God, this conflict will pass, leaving the Ukrainian people stronger and more unified than ever.
How can I help?
Many of you have reached out to me for ways to support Ukraine. I submit the following vetted places to donate:
When you visit the site, assuming that English is your primary language, choose the radio button “Help the Ukrainian Army.” There are a couple of ways to make your contribution:
- The first way to donate is to click on the link “Fondy.eu” under the heading of “Money Transfer from abroad.” On the next page, in the upper right-hand corner, select the drop-down menu and choose English as your language. Complete the form to make your donation.
- The second way to donate is to initiate a SWIFT transfer directly from your bank. Instructions and bank routing information are listed on the website’s main page.
In addition to financial contributions, Ukraine needs combat medical equipment and communication gear such as:
- Medical Fanny pack (IFAC)
- Blood transfusion kits
- XSTAT hemorrhage control devices
- IO kits
- Class VIII medical supplies
- Military-grade trauma supplies: medical cling wrap, hemostatic dressing, splints, Tegaderm dressing, chest seals, cervical collars, etc.
- BAOFENG dual-band 2Meter and 70cm radios and batteries
Other versions of medical equipment are also welcome. Whatever you have lying around when it comes to Class VIII medical supplies is welcome.
Donations of medical equipment and communication gear may be made to the UAV Post 32 Veterans Humanitarian Fund here in the United States. They will work out the logistics of getting funds and materials to Ukraine.
Ukrainian American Veterans