Jerry Kindrachuk resigned earlier this year as the National Finance Officer of the Ukrainian American Veterans after 12 years of service. Jerry was recognized at the UAV’s 73rd annual convention on Saturday, 7 November 2020.Continue reading Jerry Kindrachuk Commended
We are sad to list our departed brothers who have died since the last Ukrainian American Veterans convention. Slava Ukraini! Heroiam slava!
Some of those listed below died in previous years, but we only leaned about their deaths this year. We send our condolences to all their families, friends and fellow Ukrainian American veterans.Continue reading Our Departed Brothers
The National Cemetery Administration (NCA) honors Veterans and their families with final resting places in national shrines and lasting tributes that commemorate their service and sacrifice to our Nation. The NCA offers free burial services to eligible veterans at over 151 national cemeteries nationwide.
Les’ Melnyk, Chief of Public Affairs & Outreach for the National Cemetery Administration (NCA), Dept. of Veterans Affairs, addressed the delegates at the Ukrainian American Veterans 73rd Annual Convention on Friday, 6 November 2020. Melnyk spoke about the history and mission of the National Cemetery Administration, and then he discussed eligibility criteria for veterans and their families.Continue reading National Cemetery Administration
The Veterans Administration’s Disability Compensation Program seems to become more important as we veterans get older.
Keith Hancock, Senior Policy Analyst with the Veterans Benefits Administration, addressed the delegates at the Ukrainian American Veterans 73rd Annual Convention on Friday, 6 November 2020. Hancock spoke about VA benefits that Vietnam-era veterans should find interesting, including Agent Orange and the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019.Continue reading VA Disability Compensation Program
The Ukrainian American Veterans are pleased to announce the convention speakers for the UAV 73rd annual convention to be held 6-7 November 2020.
- Brigadier General Leonid E. Kondratiuk, Past National Commander of the Ukrainian American Veterans
- Major General Borys Kremenetskyi, Defense Attaché, Embassy of Ukraine to the USA.
- Keith Hancock, Senior Policy Analyst with the Veterans Benefits Administration
- Les’ Melnyk, Chief of Public Affairs & Outreach for the National Cemetery Administration (NCA), Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Oksana Kolyada, Minister for Veterans Affairs, Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine, from August 2019 to March 2020